You should take a few moments to understand these policies and the steps to submit a site before you begin.
Failure to understand and follow these instructions generally will result in the rejection of a submission.
Determine whether a site is appropriate for submission to the Webs directory:
- Do not submit mirror sites. Mirror sites are sites that contain identical content, but have altogether different URLs.
- Do not submit URLs that contain only the same or similar content as other sites you may have listed in the directory. Sites with overlapping and repetitive content are not helpful to users of the directory. Multiple submissions of the same or related sites may result in the exclusion and/or deletion of those and all affiliated sites.
- Do not disguise your submission and submit the same URL more than once.
Example: http://www.websdirectory.org and http://www.websdirectory.org/index.asp
- Do not submit any site with an address that redirects to another address.
- Do not submit sites "under construction." Wait until a site is complete before submitting it. Sites that are incomplete, contain "Under Construction" notices, or contain broken graphics or links aren't good candidates for the directory.
- Submit pornographic sites to the appropriate category under Adult.
- Submit non-English sites to the appropriate category under Regional.
- Don't submit sites consisting largely of affiliate links.
Do a quick search in the directory at Websdirectory.org to be sure your site isn't already listed. This saves everyone time.
Identify the single best category for your site.
The Webs Directory has an enormous array of subjects to choose from. You should submit a site to the single most relevant category.
Sites submitted to inappropriate or unrelated categories may be rejected or removed.
Choose the subcategory that best suits the content of your website; otherwise, the site may be deleted or moved to the bottom of sites waiting in the correct subcategory.
Please read over these submission guidelines to ensure that your suggestion is completed correctly:
- Title: Use the title shown in the top 1/4 of the main page of the website.
- URL: Please *don't* include the "http://". Please *do* end with a trailing slash, www.illumirate.com/, for example.
- Description: Please enter a complete sentence/phrase or two. Tell us in objective language "what the site is about" + "what the site offers".
- Grammar/Punctuation: Please pay special attention to using proper grammatical structure, punctuation, and spelling when submitting sites. Begin each sentence/phrase with a capital letter and end each with a period/full stop.
- Affiliate/Referral Sites are not accepted into our database.
- Promotional language or sales hype talk will not be accepted in submissions. Please do not use capital letters for emphasis or phrases like "the greatest", "the best", "No. 1".
Procedure After Your Site is Submitted
An Webs Directory editor will review your submission to determine whether to include it in the directory.
Depending on factors such as the volume of submissions to the particular category, it may take several weeks or more before your submission is reviewed.
Please only submit a URL to the Webs Directory once. Again, multiple submissions of the same or related sites may result in the exclusion and/or deletion of those and all affiliated sites.
Disguising your submission and submitting the same URL more than once is not permitted.
After reviewing your submission, an email confirmation will be sent to your email address.
Click here to search the best category for your submission.
» Free add URL|